Wednesday, April 2, 2014

(Hopefully) Rekindling the rivalry of two Baltimore folk bands

After some technical difficulties I had to finally create a new blog.  Unfortunately somehow my computer deleted the old blog.  On the upside, I created a new better name for my blog and will pick up with a lot more focus on the actual event planning side of the class.  I am pleased to say that we have officially locked down to musical folk acts to come to the event.


This video chronicles the hilarious rivalry between my brothers band and our teacher, Dr. Nicole King's husbands band the barnyard sharks.  I will also try to contact the sharks to see if they would be willing to rekindle the rivalry between these two up and coming bands.  As for now, Both Bobby E. Lee and the Sympathizers and Haint Blue have agreed to play for us.  An extra bonus about getting these bands is that the music scene of Baltimore is a reasonably small circle and artists in the same genre typically know of one another.  This will be a important avenue for us to address because it's just one way we can promote our event, the Curtis Bay and Brooklyn communities, as well as the Filbert Street Garden to the greater Baltimore area.

 I have also tried to contact the person who knows about getting things like a spinning wheel but have yet to get a response.  I will hopefully be in contact with them by the end of the week.  Another place I will be asking donations from actually just occurred to me as a good resource.  My Uncles all own a large John Deer Retail chain and would potentially be able to donate lots of garden equipment to be won or raffled off. They are entrenched in the agricultural landscape of the Delmarva area and would probably be interested in donating towards our cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment